The care a patient receives depends partially on the patient him/herself. Therefore, in addition to these rights, a patient has certain responsibilities as well. These responsibilities shall be presented to the patient in the spirit of mutual trust and respect.
You have a responsibility to:
1. Provide complete and accurate information to the best of his/her ability about his/her health, any medications, including over-the-counter products and dietary supplements and allergies or sensitivities.
2. Follow the treatment plan prescribed by his/her provider.
3. Provide a responsible adult to transport him/her home from the facility and remain with him/her for 24 hours, if required by his/her provider.
4. Inform his/her provider about any living will, medical power of attorney, or other directive that could affect his/her care and provide a copy of such advance directives to the Center.
5. Accept personal financial responsibility for any charges not covered by his/her insurance.
6. Be respectful of all the health care providers and staff, as well as other patients.
7. The patient has the responsibility to provide accurate and complete information concerning his/her present complaints, past medical history, unexpected changes in health, hospitalizations, and other matters relating to his/her health.
8. The patient is responsible for making it known whether he/she clearly comprehends the course of his/her medical treatment and what is expected of him/her.
9. The patient is responsible for following the treatment plan established by his/her physician, including the instructions of nurses and other health professionals, as they carry out the physician’s orders.
10. The patient is responsible for keeping appointments and for notifying the Bradenton Surgery Center or physician when he/she is unable to do so.
11. The patient is responsible for his/her actions should he/she refuse treatment or not follow his/her physician’s orders.
12. The patient is responsible for assuring that the financial obligations of his/her care are fulfilled a promptly as possible.
13. The patient is responsible for following facility rules and regulations affecting patient care and conduct.
14. The patient is responsible for being considerate of the rights of other patients and facility personnel.
15. The patient is responsible for being respectful of his/her individual property and that of other persons in Bradenton Surgery Center.
Filing Suggestion, Concerns or Complaints:
Bradenton Surgery Center encourages the communication of suggestions and concerns by patients/families. Any complaint or grievance will be forwarded to the Administrator or Nurse Manager and will be responded to within thirty (30) days.
The following mechanisms are available for patients/family members desiring to file a complaint or grievance with Bradenton Surgery Center concerning any aspect of their care or treatment. Please contact one of the following:
Patient Advocate Officer or Medical Director: (941) 792-9685
Bradenton Surgery Center
2902 59th Street West, Suites F&G, Bradenton, FL 34209
Also, if you have a complaint against a hospital or ambulatory surgical center, call the Consumer Assistance Unit health facility complaint hot line at 1-888-419-3456 (Press 1), Or Write to The Address Listed Below: Agency for Health Care Administration / Consumer Assistance Unit / 2727 Mahan Drive / Bldg. 1 / Tallahassee, Fl 32308
If you are covered by Medicare, you may choose to contact the Medicare Ombudsman at (800)633-4227 or online at Ombudsman
The role of the Medicare Beneficiary Ombudsman is to ensure that Medicare beneficiaries receive the information and help needed to understand Medicare options and to apply your Medicare rights and protections.
Complaints and grievances can also be filed with the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care (AAAHC) at (847)853-6060 or firstname.lastname@example.org